• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Students teaching the class...anyone else do this?

Jubilation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

our school has a leadership team which is comprised of a few black belts, but mostly colored belts, who act as junior instructors. My job is to teach the little dragons class, which is a whole lot of fun, but more stressful than teaching the youth and adult classes. In the youth and adult classes, you instruct them, and they're ok with it, but in the little dragons class, I always worry about mom or dad sitting there mentally picking me apart, plus my son is in my little dragons class, so that was kind of weird at first for both of us.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

Well, the last lesson before the Christmas Holidays we play games instead of warm-ups and do other fun stuff instead of having a regular class.

As for instructing, students at my dojo are expected to help out the lower-grade students all the time, if they see someone who is stuck, especially if me or Sensei is busy with someone else. Even whitebelts can help a complete beginner - even if all they do is show them how to tie their gi correctly.

When students reach 5th kyu they can help out with instructing the classes, under the supervision of myself or Sensei, or a senior grade if we've broken up into small groups.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!