• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Students teaching the class...anyone else do this?

Jubilation

Today was our last fighting Karate class before my school closes for 2 weeks for christmas, when i got there the teacher told us that it is tradition that the students teach the class the day before the holidays.

I was wondering if anyone else did this as well?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We don't have students teach class, but the week before our Christmas break is always strange. We don't take attendance, instead we have a timed obstacle course. Each person in all the classes gets to run through a couple of times to beat their old score. The second class we have another chance at the obstacle course and do some team relay races. It is completely different from regular class, but so much fun.

Our classes get a little different around the holidays too. :)

Like today, instead of a regular warm up, we played football. We can get away with acting a bit childish during the holiday season ;)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

At my dojo the everyones has a go at teaching a technique for warm up,and i think the green to brown belts must teach a miumuim amount of hours of class instruction to grade to thier next belt.

for kata the we get teached by the black belts or some times the higher belts teach the lower belts thier new kata.

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

When I was a student the purple belts helped teach the whites, the blues helped teach the purple, the green helped teach the blue and the brown helped teach the green, this was part of your training to ensure that you had instructor skills at all levels of the art before recieving your black belt, now that didnt mean that you just ran the class on your own your under supervision of higher ranking belts.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!