• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scenario question

This scenario comes from one of my fights.

You are in a street fight with another guy who is the same build as you, but 3 inches taller. He grabs you by your clothing pushing and pulling you and trying to swing you around in a circle. Yes he is stronger and your clothing holds.

What do you think is a good Judo/Jujitsu throw for the above scenario?

What do you think is a good wrestling throw for the above scenario?

Of the two throws which is the better one?

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

punch him in the face

put your leg behind his leg and push him back he will fall punch him in the face

grab his hand in your left and put him in a one handed headlock

the twist your body quickly so you back is faceing his stomach and throw him over you he will land on his back and u on his stomach and youll have him in a headlock <- very effective i use that take down alot

put your knee/foot on his stomch/chest then roll onto you back and throw him over you

hope that helps you out there are many more tho let me know if youd like to hear them

too sweet

When in this situation, most people's normal reaction is to try to remain upright, try to stay balanced and follow his arms around while grabbing at his arms to try to free yourself or hold yourself up. This type of activity is common amongst larger people who try to toss people around and "intimidate" them with their size and potential power (you are a rag doll...I am your master, you will go where I say! :kaioken: ). Here is my opinion. If you are a wrestler/ submission fighter and are comfortable on the ground, let the guy toss you, but as he shifts to one point, grab his arms, lean back and yank him to the ground with you (make sure he is off balance and in the process of swinging you). Once he is on the ground, guillotine him or go for an arm bar and crank him up good. If you are on your feet, then just shoot in closer to him and start driving elbows or head butt him.

Mixed Martial Artist

When in this situation, most people's normal reaction is to try to remain upright, try to stay balanced and follow his arms around while grabbing at his arms to try to free yourself or hold yourself up. This type of activity is common amongst larger people who try to toss people around and "intimidate" them with their size and potential power (you are a rag doll...I am your master, you will go where I say! :kaioken: ).

That is so right on, were you watching? :o :D

At that point you can do just about anything. An eye-poke/gauge will probably get him to let go. Or kick/knee him in the groin. Or depending on where he's got your clothing grabbed, maybe you can reach with a middle-knuckle strike to the nerve pack in the armpit.

Or, if they come in and just grab your lapels [or that area if you're wearing a t-shirt], you can use Mace of Aggression[#8 on that page] from Kenpo's techniques. But you have to react as soon as they go to grab you. Once they are swinging you around, that probably won't work so well. :)

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

I can do only a few throws and of those throws Uki Waza is probably the best one for the above scenario.

Pics of Uki Waza can be found here; http://www.judoinfo.com/techjudo.htm

Do you think Uki Waza is a good throw to use in this scenario?

Do you think there is a better throw than Uki Waza for the above scenario?

I didn’t use Uki Waza because I didn’t know it at the time. This is how the fight began and ended.

The first blow was thrown by me. I landed a few jabs and a cross (none by him), THAT’S when he latched on to me. This guy sung me around in a circle so hard; both my feet came of the ground (I too was holding on to him tightly). I guest he lost his footing and we both fell to the ground, but with him on top and in the mount. It took me a couple of seconds to bridge out. I got to my feet (he was still on his knees) and I grabbed two handfuls of hair and began kneeing him in the face. Then this is when a really big guy (he could have twirled the both of us around) broke up the fight.

if hes grabbin your clothes you grab him too- behind neck, arm, whatever.... then you can maybe maneuver in for some knees or even a takedown- or you could even kick a shin/knee. once you move in though, id stay away from fancier judo moves, personally, and just pick a leg or ankle or whatever. then ground n pound, and probably armbar him right to the hospital.

Batman2 and Rich67 both had pretty much the same techniques that I was thinking. Rich67's relpy would probably be the easiest to pull of from situation you explained and is a fairly easy move to perform especially while in motion. Either way your going to want to pull your technique off quick before your attacker attempts to strike you so close that gap and take them to the ground.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

I was fighting this guy the other day (for fun) and he tried to do that so I had two free hands. I used one to balance myself and wrapped the other one around his head. I shifted my weight and went for a throw but couldnt, he shifted back to throw me but I just used the momentum he gave me and threw him down. Kinda hard to explain.

In a real fight I would let him grab me at at, if he did either a punch to the face, stomach, or kick to the groin.