• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Bo form music

tacotupac

i would suggest the terminator 2 theme, or what would be really cool is a song called makai club it is from kill bill. ( the one that plays in the crazy 88's entrance into that japanese restaurant type place if you know what i mean) lol.

or Prodigy- one man army, gangstarr- Battle (may not be appropriate)

those are some songs i can think of, i havent done this in a ternament b4 but i pitty the closed minded people on this board, yes martial arts are designed to be well..martial, but you are forgetting the ARTS. it is also an expression of self, it is a stress reliever, it is physical health, it is enjoyment, it is a way of life.

may i remind you this is partly why kata was implemented. it was karate disguised as a dance as not too arise the government that such traditons were continuing. if youve seen the last samurai you may have some idea of what im talking about.

no where it is written that kata must not be done to music. if done properly you may be able to enhance the intensity, flow, focus, or energy of a kata set to music.

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In okinawa I have watched many weapons dances,they are performed to okinawan music and they are actual weapons kata that are put to the music in a fashion that protects the applications hidden within them.I enjoyed them very much and to me that is what is meant by "art" in martial art.But the okinawans do not compete in martial arts tounaments with the weapons dances.I do not feel that a bunch of cool looking movements put together in a sequence that can be performed to a piece of music qualifies it as martial arts.I guess I must have a closed mind because I do not understand why someone would waste so much time making stuff up when they could be trying to perfect their ability to perform the true art they study.Why is it no one lists dance as one of their styles in their profile?If you expect to be judged in a martial arts tournament moving to music shouldnt it be listed as one of your styles?

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

In our school talent show i'm gonna do katas to Halo theme, Mjolnir mix.

That'd look/sound cool, and would be a good combination.

I agree with 1st Kyu, there is no rule saying katas cannot be performed to music. Actually, I'd think it'd be somewhat relaxing/would relieve stress.