• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever feel really wierd?

LOL......man I cant tell ya how many trees Ive assaulted mercilessly in public......

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh definitely. I have to walk down a rather long hallway to get to the bathroom at work. I usually end up practicing star-block or various hand techniques as I walk. Sometimes I will go through full techniques.

I've stopped short of doing kicking set though. That might be a little too much for the other offices in the building to cope with :)

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie

Your not the only one thats crazy, I think there are more crazy ones out there than non-crazy with this topic. My wife has had her share of watching me do this and then of course I move right on to putting my techniques to use on her and she use to hate it. Now that I have a school of my own she see's that I do that to all my students and just not her so now it does not bother her as much unless she is cooking dinner or trying to get something done. hahahahha

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

I do it too. There's a certain plank of wood on my basement wall that if you look at the right angle, you can see hundreds of little knuckle indentations. It drives my wife crazy when I hit it because floor shakes upstairs.

Matsumura Seito Shorin-Ryu

Oh man, don't get me started...

:D

I have been known to go into entire forms when bored in public. When my friends start talking about something that bores me (politics, religion, etc), I start doing forms. Or shadow boxing. Or slamming them with a double leg takedown and proceeding to put them in an armbar. Or a rear naked choke.

I get some odd looks on the forms and shadow boxing. And cries of agony on the armbar and RNC :D

Don't worry, I always let them up before they pass out...

Passion transcends pain.

Well, I'm crazy too. :D

I practice at work, or if I'm waiting for a bus or train, or even if I'm just walking along a street. I tend to stick to practicing hand techniques, although I've been known to run through kata and kicks in the toilets at work...

Lately we've been learning a new kata at my karate school and it has this twisty hand combo in it. Guess what I've been using to push open doors with... :lol:

Even if I don't physically practice, I'll run through techniques and combos in my head, especially if I'm in a boring meeting. :P

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

For me, I think the real question is... when DON'T I practice this kind of stuff?

I'm constantly going through full katas in my head while sitting in class. Sometimes when I go to the washroom in school, I'll go to the handicap stall (which is much bigger than the rest) and actually start to practice the forms.

I love it! It just makes me want to be in the dojo more, though.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Every day, all the time. Consciously and subconsciously, i find myself practicing. I open doors with my knees or slide through doors with a sweeping hand technique that follows through to me making a shoulder impact, then hold them open for others with a back step.

A week ago i'm waiting for my car to be repaired, and i see this shock absorber display, so i start treating it like a wing chun dummy.

And just the other day i was at a Rite-Aid and i started playing with various items as a prescription was being filled. Grabbed canes and swung them about. Grabbed gum packets and juggled them. Performed a few stationary hand techniques.

And then someone commented.

I noticed that i actually liked the fact someone noticed, which made me realize that these actions may not merely be practice, but an opportunity to advertise.

This, in and of itself, ended up bothering me. Because if i'm doing this not merely to practice, but in the hopes others will go "ooh, ahh" then i'm holding to the wrong motivation.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro