• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ever feel really wierd?

:roll: Often when I'm walking, sitting, or doing most anything that doesn't require a lot of thought, I contemplate and review techniques or moves and applications in my mind. I get so wraped up in this that I move my hands or do foot maneuvers without thinking. I've even assaulted innocent hatracks, posts, and garbage cans in passing! Now, people that know me know I'm strange, different- wierd, even. But it can draw some interesting looks from strangers! :o

:-? Any of you do this? You might try it, if for no other reason than it discourages salesmen, political activists, missionaries, and other nuisances! :P

Freedom isn't free!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I'm near a parking meter and waiting for the bus or something, I will practice my back kick on it. I try to hit the meter without looking too much, and I try to make sure my foot is perfectly aligned like it's supposed to be.

I do a lot of weird stuff in public. It doesn't bother me.

:D LOL @ Delta1!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I thought I was the only crazy one... just be careful what you chose to be your unwilling victim- the lightpole the other night got me back...my knuckle really hurts!

Mixed Martial Artist

I practice punching on boxes at work hehehehehe. We have these thick boxes (I think they are called bulk boxes for heavy storage). I walk by them and give'em a whack. I purposely leave knuckle prints in them or I end up splitting them (oopsy :D ). I got funny looks like I was an angery person, till someone found out I do MA. This person is used to me now, but pokes fun at me LOL.

Laurie F

You're not alone. I do this in class when the teacher is boring us to death, who knew College would be so...good for helping improve my techniques :D

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

Ha!

im getting there also LOL. last time my roomate caught me practicing a kick in the kitchen at 3AM. i was just having a drink :D .

sometimes i do a kata in my head in waiting files, and suddenly i a subtle block or punch out of nowhere. i dont know if many people notice it.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

I'm with you guys. My wife hates it when I get an idea for a technique because I usually run through it physically without thought as to where I am at the time. I've gotten some great ideas that way. :idea:

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

I'm guilty too! When I had an office job and sat at a desk for most the day I would be in deep thought doing hand techniques. Of course someone would come up behind me and ask what the heck I was doing. I would smile and say it was some of those new exercises you do at your desk. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I think we're all guilty, funny how wrapped up in it you can get. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to stand near people and talk without starting to try and control their arms, elbows etc etc

Girlfriend gets a bit annoyed at it but she's probably starting Wing Chun soon so she'll be able to get her own back lol :D

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly