• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun and Aikido Combo?

A mix of a Wing Chun and Aikido......

Both defense on both styles are superb as is, to mix them together would be one of the best defense systems I've ever seen. Aikido in itself is the ethical form of self-defense. Wing Chun is a good all around self-defense form as well as offensive. Its your choice whether you want to mix these or not. But as a personal opinion, I say go for it.

"The First step to knowing everything, is to first acknowledge that you know nothing."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess it depends on how you mix both styles and how you would apply them.WCK is mostly a striking art and Akido is mostly uses joint locks and throws so both could be used since both used different tactics to resolve agression.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

• 4 weeks later...

Both arts mix perfectly. I still do Wing Chun and did Aikido two years ago. So I know what I am talking about.

Good Luck!

Be everything. Be nothing.

• 1 month later...

I have a Sidai (younger gung fu brother) who did Aikido for 20 years and then started taking Wing Chun a few years ago. He's told me on numerous occasions that there is no comparison of the 2 arts, and that Wing Chun was an all around better art for him. He enjoyed the Aikido, but found it useless against Wing Chun. And I have to say I agree.

System - the martial art that you study and

practice

Style - the way you execute the system

Wing Chun - hit hard, hit fast, hit first!