• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kempo: any practitioners here?

wingedsoldier

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've heard of a system that mixes American Kenpo with Shotokan, but I don't remember what it is called. They have a eb site, which is about all I know of them. I'll see if I saved it somewhere. Is thatwhat your system does?

Please... If anyone knows of such a site I would greatly appreciate it. I have been looking for awhile. THanks...

Every man dies...not every man really lives. -Sir William Wallace

http://www.mckennonlawfirm.com/KENPOKAN/kenpokan.htm

This is the only one I could find. I havn't looked thoroughly at their site, but I think they combine Shotokan and Tracy's Kenpo. That should be an interesting mix, since Shotokan is not noted for its' flow and Tracy's system often has too much flow. But both are good systems, though I'll be burned as a heritic for saying that Shotokan probably has the edge on Tracy's Kenpo.

Freedom isn't free!

http://www.mckennonlawfirm.com/KENPOKAN/kenpokan.htm

This is the only one I could find. I havn't looked thoroughly at their site, but I think they combine Shotokan and Tracy's Kenpo. That should be an interesting mix, since Shotokan is not noted for its' flow and Tracy's system often has too much flow. But both are good systems, though I'll be burned as a heritic for saying that Shotokan probably has the edge on Tracy's Kenpo.

Heritic..Heritic :o :lol: :P

Oops spelled it wrong...Heretic..Heretic :P :P

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

So, your sayin I cant spel ether! :brow:

Actually, the reason I say that is that Shotokan is usually very well drilled in their basics, and they work understanding (bunkai)- or at least the good ones do.

The Tracy's left Ed Parker early on to mass market Kenpo, before it was anywhere near finished. They added techniques and took some forms from Okinawan systems, which have beautiful flow. But their understanding was shallow, and that was passed on somewhat in the system. A lot of times, they tend to use flow with techniques where it was not meant to be used. Also, a lot of them tend to be into pulling up techniques and running them instead of learning what they teach and working with it- and they have far more techniques than any EPAK system out there. They also have less structure, which Shotokan does not lack. Tracy's is not a bad system, but it has some shortcomings that need to be worked out. At least, that's my opinion.

Bet you guys never thought you'd hear me say that! :o

By the way, I'm like the Cajun guy is about religion; I don't want to run anyone elses down, but I belong to seven of them so I go ahead any way! I have done some Tracy's, though I can't claim a lot of experience in it. I have to admit that some of those extra forms are sweet, though. Boy do they flow! And working them as two man forms you get a real feel for how they work. I just wish that they'd put a little more understanding into what they teach and do.

Freedom isn't free!

I also practice RyuKyu Kempo. I am in the beginning phase but i like it a lot. I ve practised shotokan for a while but found it boring as hell ( no offence ). Starting new year we will have the first test for the 9.kyu ... wish me luck :karate:

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

I practice Chinese Kenpo as taught by Ed Parker. IKCA

Love it.

Edited by Mr. Mike

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous