• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

trademark technique

DD

I use front sidekick and lead jab, both are very effective offensively and defensively.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kugjvh

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a special technique

I just jab effectively

I guess my axe kick would work, but I don't use it much while sparring. It's more of an upward front kick that hits at the tangent.

If I'm in a pickle, I clinch

I learned this throw last night that I actually did well. A No-Gi Tai Otoshi. I might work on that throw.

As for takedowns, I like Lateral Drops :brow:

THE MASTER OF THE WORLD'S FINEST!!

SOUL SONIC STYLE!!

• 1 month later...

Mine is knee kicks into a jumping knee kick. We dont do any kind of fancy kicks in my school. It's strictly mixed martial arts/ self defense but I always manage to get some fancy stuff in. Thats why everyone calls me Hollywood in my school.

I actually got my signature move from Cung Le. He fights the way I fight. I'm actually working on the scissor sweep right now. I can do it but in kumite competitions I need to find a way to set it up. I dont fight to fight. I fight to give everyone a show also. :wink:

I also do the jumping spinning back kick as well.

I don't think I have a trademark technique :P

I am far more inclined to use an arm technique than a kick. My kicks are so much weaker than, say, my elbow strike. I'm not a big fan of knifehand blocks/strikes though :idea:... so there: No trademark techniques, just, umm... preferences? :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Well, in point sparring I'm known for my back kicks and jumping back kicks... course everyone in my school knows about this so I don't get to use em much anymore... but I still suprise people on occasion...

Have to see how effective they are in april in a tourney I get to check out...

I'm not known for anything....Then, I've only been to one tournament, but backfist and reverse punch worked pretty well for me.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Hm, trademark technique seems a little too showy. I'd prefer to use effective techniques rather than have some sort of trademark.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu