• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

~Favorite Kicks~

We all know that Taekwondo has alot of flashy kicks, but my favorite kicks are the basic front kick, roundhouse kick, and side kick. When in tournaments, this is all I ever use.

What are your favorite kicks?

The only thing close to flashy that I like would be the jump spinning back kick to the body. I like this one alot!

There are no inns on the highway to death. For whose house will I stay in tonite?

Prince Otsu, Japan 751 AD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For sparring, I tend to use peechagee and jumping back kick a lot. I'll occaisonally throw in a 360 roundhouse, but not often. But for my tkd demonstration team and for board breaking, I like the "flashy kicks" like 360 hook kick, butterfly kick, etc. My favorite overall kick would probably be 360 hook kick.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

i am known to use a twist or reverse round kick. i love this technique. also i like the hook/side combination.

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

Axe kick all the way (even though my knee popped out of joint while doing that once)

O, I also like kicks where you strike two-three times before setting the foot down, particularly round-round-side, at different heights.

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

Personally, I love hand techniques the most, but my favorite kick is probably front leg inside/outside crescent kick... since you can do that one quick enough to not completely telegraph it.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

Forget kicks, I like them all. It's all about combos for me. One kick usually won't land, (unless its a counter) but twist, round, twist; or round, twist, round are good if you practice them enough, and how about round, jumping spinning round, backspin, round. That's one of my fav's. The last round kick usually tends to be the only thing that lands without being blocked, but its' effective.

Tae Kwon Do - 3rd Dan, Instructor

Brazilian Ju Jitsu - Purple Belt, Level 1 Instructor

Side thrust kick and crescent kick are my two faves. A 'simple' front snap kick can also be very effective when used correctly.

O, I also like kicks where you strike two-three times before setting the foot down, particularly round-round-side, at different heights.

Me too. I like doing that with roundhouse kicks, although I need more practice at it! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I like crescents, spin back kicks/jump spin back kicks, 360 hooks, butterfly, and scissors kicks.

The most useful to me/kicks I use the most, however, are roundhouse, snap, forward thrust, and side kicks.