• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me....elbows would be the best. You can really get some good power with elbows without having the big windup. Knees would be a close second. Look at how Shamrock KO'd Kimo in UFC 48 with the knee. Both are good, but you have to know when the best time to use both are. Just my 2 cents.

KG

It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

the problem with pressure points is that they are points...generally small ones. it's too hard to hit them in a real situation - especially areas like the throat. If the guy is moving, swinging and resisting, it's a hard area to hit. If he's trained and has his hands up and chin down, it will double your difficulty.

The other problem with pressure points is that they have different effects on different people. Bigger, more muscled guys aren't susceptible to all of the same pressure points. On the same token, they are MORE susceptible to others. Different people also have different pain tolerances. pain compliance isn't the answer to winning a fight. The way to use pressure points is to cause a reaction. If we're grappling, for example, and I want you to move - perhaps so that I can get space to perfor whatever I had in mind - I may strike a pressure point. wrestlers are notorious for doing this.

As for killing a person with them - I wouldn't worry about it. it will take a HARD strike to kill someone in pretty much any area except for the throat.

As for the original question, I would try to get inside of him - he's swinging wildly - whether it's hard or not, I don't want to get hit. If I'm inside, I can smother those strikes. Once inside, elbows, knees and uppercuts rule the day.

and instead of punching with a fist which will cause you to break ur knuckles most likely, slap instead,
Faces realy aren't all that hard except for the top of the forhead. Nothing I'm going to bust a knuckle over as long as I use reasonably good form. :-P

I'll keep elbows in mind. Thanks guys. :)

Naw it is very likely that you could break a knuckle on or around the eye sockets. That part of the face is very sharp, that is why it is generally a better idea to go for the jaw(which is also more likely to knock him out).

Peace and may God be with you...

Deus Ex Remake

I'd say if he's throwing horizontal punches wildly, he won't be in a fighting stance, but more square with you, so in that case, I'd block, snap kick the groin, and if that doesn't stop him, give him a shot to the neck, maybe another kick to the groin, and if he's really persistant, either trap an arm and throw him and let him know not to get up, or take off running...or you could trap and arm and break or take out a knee, which should really put a damper on his festivities. man, that's one hell of a run-on sentence. :brow:

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

groin kicks aren't always that effective in an altercation though... I've taken them and not felt them until after the fight, once the adrenaline stopped. I know others that have done the same. Also, to an throw jabs and rights froma boxing stance, which isn't exactly square. With chin down and arms coming out straight, the neck may be hard to hit...

I guess I have the wrong picture painted in my mind...I'm thinking of a person just lined up with you flailing his arms all over the place...still, the breaks would definitely let him know to coll it a bit...then again, you beter get the hell outta dodge after teh break, or you'll have alot of explaining to do.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous