• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I been competing along with my 10 year old brother in the USKA sanctioned tournaments for a little over a year now. I finished the season ranked #1 in Louisiana in Kata and Kumite and #2 in National points in the 12-13 Junior Girls division. My little brother finished ranked 2nd in Louisiana and 6th nationally in both Kata and Kumite in the 10-11 year old division. My sensei is Kirk Bullock ( 9 time USKA World Champion and USKA Hall Of Fame member ) and my dojo is located in Glenmora, La.

We now both training very hard for the USKA World Championships in New Orleans, La. which is being held July 10th-13th at the New Orleans Hilton Riverside Hotel.

The USKA is open to all styles of the Martial arts.

BayouGirl

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have competed in a few tournaments, mostly WFMA.

I love it. I find it really helps me focus.

I currently only do Kata and weapons but hope to add Kumite in the near future.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• 2 weeks later...
im a competitor i have fought in 5 different tournements and place 1st in sparring in 4 out of 5

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

i will be a competitor soon, my carrear daybeau will be at the IHOF tournament on august 1st-2nd. im going for the title of Super Junior boys begginer champion. i know, not a very impressive title, but any title is a start1 just the first step towards my ultimate goal: K-1 heavy weight champion of the world! of course..ill umm...need to gain some weight first...but ill make it!

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

i will be a competitor soon, my carrear daybeau will be at the IHOF tournament on august 1st-2nd. im going for the title of Super Junior boys begginer champion. i know, not a very impressive title, but any title is a start1 just the first step towards my ultimate goal: K-1 heavy weight champion of the world! of course..ill umm...need to gain some weight first...but ill make it!

glad to see you in route to your goal, but i would suggest a tournament with contact if you goal is K-1.

yea, id agree, i wish i could but my sensai has this problem with tournaments, he dosent really belive in them and this is one of the few we get to go to. Just the same, a title is a title, and it is a HUGE tournament. I figure i prove myself in my own style by eventually winning th Isshinryu Hall of Fame grand championship for kumite as a shodan, move on to prove myself as a martial artist against the other forms of karate in my nation by competeing in Florida at the ISKA, and then once that tiel is won, ill prove myself as among the best in the world at K-1. along the way between these three big events, ill do a lot of smaller ones, mixed as well as isshinryu-only, contact and point based, so i get well rounded. the good thing about first heading to a point and then latter, a contact, is that the point will let me develop form in my kumite. I found a secret weapon i use in training that is really helping my power out, i just want to make sure i can ablance it with form and speed.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• 1 month later...

I'm under Shooters International (Shootfighting that is).

But I won't be skilled enough to compete before a year or so :(

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread started back in Jan 2002?.....Might as well keep it going. I have only competed twice this year but have another CTF tourney coming up at the end of Sept in Memphis,Tn that I will try to make. A few weeks back I competed in a open tournament & it was pretty cool with all the different styles that were there. The Weapons forms competition was outstanding.

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

• 2 months later...