• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:spitlaugh:

Hey Guys,

I am wondering how many competitors are here? What organizations do you compete for? Any competitors here that compete on the NBL or NASKA tournament circuits?

Hasta!!

Slider

2nd Degree Black Belt

Ed Parker Kenpo Karate

Check out "Koldsteel" Enterprises. We offer a wide variety of aluminum samurai swords for training or competition. All of these swords are light as a feather, but look awsome.

Http://hometown.aol.com/koldsteel504/myhomepage/profile.html

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
I compete on both the NASKA and NBL circuits in open weapons, traditional weapons, traditional empty hand kata, point and continuous sparring. I also do knockdown and full-contact fighting.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

I'm WTF tkd so there are always tournaments varying in scope and importance now and then. I am not a particularly enthusiastic competitor, I like to concentrate more on technique and demonstrations, but I will do it if my instructor really wishes me to or to represent my instructor so that he gets seen in a good light. Although my skill will never be directly related to anyone's teaching, you cannot deny the incredible amount of influence channeled from a master to a devoted student. :smile: :smile: In kung fu there are hardly any competitions unless you enter a free-style type contest or you enter a modern wushu forms competition. At least usually I have trouble finding ones which are just kung fu-oriented. :razz:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Competing!!!!!!!!!

I love competing soooooo much :angel:

There's an upcoming tourney, Battle of Harrisburg on July 6th that I'm preparing for. I'm so excited about it I keep blabbing everywhere. This'll be my first tourney on the semi-state level. I say semi-state because it's open to the whole state, not necessarily any kind of finals or something I worked up to.

However, I'd love to get into state competitions if I could find them. I'm too impatient to search on the Internet :lol:

So far I'm undefeated, but I've only been to 5 tournaments. I compete in weapon forms, open-hand forms, and sparring. I've only competed in weapons twice. I have my very own custom-made kata that I've performed the last two tourneys and beaten my blackbelt buddy with (both times I beat the same blackbelt). It was a small tourney so we got grouped together. There was no seperate blackbelt division it was so small.

Short people rock,

1st Degree Brown Belt

Assistant Instructor

Modern-American Tae Kwon Do

[ This Message was edited by: monkeygirl on 2002-06-03 22:08 ]

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I used to compete nationally in both Naska and Krane. I competed in blackbelt American forms. It was a great division and I've even competed at the nighttime show for the grands but never won. I miss competing but I'm in the process of starting my own dojo so I will train my students to compete and also get myself back into competing.

Ever heard of Team Straight Up? I was a member and coach for them while I competed.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 6 months later...

HEY GUYS IM MATT, GOIN FOR MY BLUE BELT IN BJJ AND I COMPETE IN AMATEUR GRAPPLING TOURNAMENTS EVERY MONTH

HELD AT DOJOS ACROSS TOWN

"When we go to the ground,you are in my world, the ground is the ocean, I am the shark,

and most people don't even know how to swim"