• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Terminology

elliotspirrett

Ok. This forum, is one to discuss terminology (like an MA dictionary) so add any you can think of.

MA- Martial Art/Arts/Artist/Artists

Gi- Uniform or Suit

Kyu- Grading, usually from 10-1 working down from 10 being White Belt.

Grade- Belt...(I know this is obvious for most but some may need to know)

Sensei- Teacher

Senior- High grading member of the club, may take part in teaching.

Dan- The Grading of Black belts 1-6 are Graded, 7-9 are Belts gifted for service to the form, such as teaching for manyt years, or for teachin elderly people to defend themselves. 10th Dan is the Grand Master of the the form.

Erm... Ok that's it...I'm very limited, as I can't remember much from Judo, but I now do a western art so I don't need to know these things as such.

So Keep 'em comin'! :karate:

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to. I was doing it on a school PC and it was being stupid, and not registering it at first until it appeared three times. If it could be deleted it would be helpful!

SORRY!!!

New Terminology; ISPSBSS; I'm sorry please stop being so sarky!

;-)

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.

there's a sticky in the general forum about terminology and links for sites with them.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• 2 weeks later...