DaChroniclez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the heavyweight ones myself. They definately feel a lot hotter when you train, but you get used to it preety fast. The lightweight ones just don't last as long, plus the heavyweight ones make that nice *snap* sound when performing techniques. :)

In my club we use lightweight gis until we get our blackbelts.

"No matter how you may excel in the art of

Karate, and in your scholastic endeavors, nothing is more important than your behavior and your humanity as observed in daily life."

~ Master Gichin Funakoshi

go with the heavyweight gi

The light weight gis are fine if you just going to be doing some light training here and there, but if your going to be doing intense training then heavyweight all of the way. They last a long time, I myself use a jujitsu gi because of our throws and grappling but I use to use a heavyweight for the same training and I used it for 4 years before upgrading and I didnt change because the gi was getting to worn.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

I much prefer a heavyweight gi.

Since I switched from a lightweight to a heavyweight gi I'd never wear a lightweight gi again - I fing heavyweight gi to be much more durable and practicle, especially if you're doing grappling techniques.

Glad you like your new gi! :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have a Century heavy weight and a medium weight, plus an old light weight. If I could only keep one, it would be the medium weight. It is the most dureable of the three. I bought the heavyweight a little large, but it is still the most restrictive of the three. The medium weight works well in all temperatures, where hard workouts in summer heat can be grueling in a heavyweight ghi. In cooler conditions, you may want to find an insulated cup to use with a lightweight ghi. :blush:

Freedom isn't free!