• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello. I study tae kwon do and I'm interested in trying judo - I have been doing some heavy reading and have found many lists of history, jargon, techniques, and philosophy - but no belt sequence! Is judo more like TKD (where pretty much EVERY school has a different ranking system) or like BJJ (most schools follow the original Gracie grading system)? Thanks a lot for your responses! :up:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
also, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't like a tiger schulmann sort of thing, where an instructor takes an art that traditionbally has 5 belts, and adds 15 to that just to milk money out of his students, you know? i work hard for my money! :wave:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• 2 weeks later...
I am just beaming with pride to tell you all that I have "shopped around" ( :smile:), but I think we will work together well. The school is the one where Jeremy Glick, the man thought to have aided in saving the White House from terrorist attacks (http://www.kokushi.com). Thanks for all your help, not on this thread only, but I have been reading up and hope for more judoka to come to this forum. I am going to check out the school Saturday and will probably try it out two weeks after that. Well, wish me luck :smile::)

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

::edit::

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.