• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Eagle Claw from what i remeber has alot of ripping attacks and can be linier or circular and like alot of kung fu needs extrem flexibility Jet li does it in the Movie "the One"

Actually, he was doing hsing-yi (the linear) and bagua (the circular), or wushu-fancy-movie variants of it.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha! I think right after the guy claimed that nothing can beat his eagle claw, the camera zoomed in unsteadily on his face, he moved his hand so quickly that you could hear the air whistle, and then he made a funny face and grunted. Don't forget the chinese flute playing in the background.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone here ever studied eagle claw style kungfu. I heard that it is one of the most deadly styles of kungfu ever created ? :o what do you guys think.

Holla :karate:

Name me one system out there that somebody hasn't said "the most deadly style ever!" about it?

Come on...*insert jeapordy theme here* ...have you?

There's no such thing.

That's a good one Shorinryu Sensei. Very Funny :D

It's hard to take any question seriously when "most deadly" is included but here are two sites to check out:

https://www.yingjowpai.com NYC Sifu Leung Shum

https://www.lilylaueagleclaw.com Cali. Sifu Lily Lau

Form is just the example of how to apply your skill.

Kung or training method is more important in practical skill,

e.g. Pushing up with 5 fingers, Grasping and throwing sandbag about 25kg

(Using the whole body) & etc.

Without basic physical strength, all skill of Chin na is surely flowery skill.

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

On a training trip to Foshan in Guangzhou (Southern China) i was fortunate to be able give Eagle Claw a try.

My Grand master teaches at the Chin Woo Athletics Institute, and at 80 has picked up a fair wealth of knowledge. He showed me 10 runs of repeat exercise, based on Tan Tui runs for Eagle Claw.

He said their are two ways to hold the hand , 1) the whole hand is shaped like claw, the four fingers held together and bent at the the second knuckle with the thumb underneath also bent at second knuckle, or, 2), the baby finger and ring finger are tucked in like making a fist and only the middle , forefinger and thumb are used to make the "claw".

The system incorporates short, medium and long range movements, quick lively stepping , at times short hopping techniques for shifting of weight from leg to leg, the shorter techiniques are representive of the legs of the Eagle grabbing and tearing , the longer the wings of the Eagle.

Each time he grabbed me to show a technique, the thumb of the grabbing hand seemed to find a pressure point and the discomfort associated with each grab certainly proved that an intimate knowledge of the various pressure points, (and not just the obvious ones) , was required to master this system.

I unfortunately didnt go much further, as my main focus became Tai Chi, but it was certainly an impressive system, but obviusly required a lot of study of anatomy from a traditional chinese point of view.

Without long practice one cannot suddenly understand Tai Chi : - Tai Chi Classics

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know about deadly, but it was taught to the emperors guards in china. it must be a decent style if it was to be entrusted as the emperor's protection

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About a year ago, I was watching a very interesting TV series about the history of Hong Kong cinema. Of course they had a slot for the 'kung fu' movies. Of note, was that the directors and actors explained how they made up many kung fu/wushu names for their scenes on the spot as there was no existing style to match the actions they were trying to achieve. Thus, there are a lot of fancy kung fu names that were purely improvised for the movies. I had thought that eagle's claw was one of them, but perhaps not.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*