• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sais

an

As I mentioned in a few other posts (have the recent movies really made sai this popular all of a sudden?), the ones made by Peter Carbone are simply excellent. I think they are better balanced than Shureido sai (although the balance on Shureido sai is nice too). What's more, they actually look very, very beautiful as well. They cost about three hundred dollars though. I'd hold off on these until you are sure you really want to continue training in the sai.

For anyone else who wants to buy them, leave him a phone message and an email for best results.

http://www.weaponsconnection.com/

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

History of the Sai

The three pronged, metal truncheon is a unique weapon believed to

have been introduced to Okinawa by the Chinese in and around the

late 1400's. The sai was employed by the local law enforcement the

same way the modern day police use their night stick. There has

been some controversy and even some speculation as to the origin of

the sai. Some believe it to be a weapon that was created as opposed

to a farming or fishing tool, similar to a tool used in China to

create holes in the ground for seeds. Some even believe that the

sai were at one time a bladed weapon.

I was sent this as an e-mail from a MA supplier that I have ordered from, Thought I'd share it with you all.

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

My interest in the sai to be honest was watching hte teenage mutant ninja turtles when I was a youngin'...I hated raphael but loved his weapons...I was fascinated by them, and now I train with them....they've always just been there and been interesting to me.

My interest in the sai to be honest was watching hte teenage mutant ninja turtles when I was a youngin'...I hated raphael but loved his weapons...I was fascinated by them, and now I train with them....they've always just been there and been interesting to me.

how could ya hate raphie and love his weapon?

aw

Buslady of SoCal

• 6 months later...

Get someone to teach you for one, and the sai has to go past your arm so that a sword would be able to hit it and go down your arm without cutting you

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I dont really know much about finding someone or anything, just look around and eventually you'll find someone.

But i dont recomend using a video or book for training as you cant really learn the "secrets" (for lack of a better word) of each technique and no matter how much it looks like the video movements, it probably wont be right cause you havent actually learned the "secrets" of the movements. It is best to find an instructor and using videos or books as a side material for learning and finding out new thigns which can aid to your learning but i would recomend training with an instructor before using a video.

Focus