• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Full Contact Kickboxing

Just woundering how many other people take full contact kickboxing? How hard to you go when you spar. We go pretty hard to simulate a real fight plus we do grappling and other things to make it interesting. Does anyone know if there is a place on the net that tells you where fights are to compete in? I would like to do it more than I do now.

Fighters get hit.......Good fighters don't get hit as much

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I train muay thai, not kickboxing. since you're in NY, you can try san shou - the rules will be similar to muay thai, but, in san shou, you are allowed to throw. Look up the king of san da tournaments they hold in NY.

Talk to your Instructor/Trainer and they should be able to help you find some matches.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You should always go fairly hard when you spar. Sometimes my instructor would stop us in the middle of things to tell us what we were doing right or wrong, but generally, its important to train hard if you want to fight hard. As the saying goes,as you train, so shall you fight.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Re; sparring

I’ve trained at three different gyms for boxing/kickboxing and it varied depending upon the trainer’s preference and the skill level of the fighters.

This is how I like to spar.

Full speed, half power. Instead of targeting your opponents head, hit anywhere on his arms. If your opponent is successful with a block then his arm is hit, if he fails at the block then his arm is still hit, avoiding any possible concussion. If you hit him in the shoulder say and he didn’t do a block to stop it, you can consider that a hit that would have gotten through in a real fight.

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

I don't get it....if you aim at his arm...he doesn't have to "try" to block ...he just blocks it....

Sparring isn’t a competition; it’s a way to develop your skills!

Because you know that you won’t be hit in the head doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try to defend against the strike anyway.

If you hit him in the shoulder say and he didn’t do a block to stop it, you can consider that a hit that would have gotten through in a real fight.

Conversely, if you get hit on the shoulder and you didn’t do a block to stop it; you can consider that you would have been hit in the head in a real fight.

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

have you found any matches since you last posted this topic

KEEP US UPDATED

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!