• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Different Sai Styles

Kill Bill960

what do you think the best fighting style of sai is, if you had only video and book training without a sensai.

Just wondering. My friend is cousin to be able to do the things that i do but considering i live in the oppersite hemi-sphere i don't think that could work.

When I Am Done Sheding My Tears

I Will Start To Shed The Blood Of My Enemies

And Punish All Who Did Me Wrong.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
what do you think the best fighting style of sai is, if you had only video and book training without a sensai.

:-? Perhaps youi might want to rewrite this question and make it a bit clearer...or can somebody else from down under translate it into English please?

Just wondering. My friend is cousin to be able to do the things that i do but considering i live in the oppersite hemi-sphere i don't think that could work.

Think WHAT could work??? :-?

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Hello,

The first part didn't seem that confusing to me. What is the best fighting style for the Sai if your only method of training is by watching videos and reading books?

The second part is a bit more sketchy, though. Maybe you could elaborate.

Thanks.

Perhaps KillBill is saying that his friend wants to learn what he is doing, perhaps through the use of books and videos?

In that case, yes. It is probably impossible to do it without a teacher.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Sorry guys, that was a typo. I meant to say that my cousin is in the oppersite hemi-sphere and that i can't teach him how to use the sai. Can you give advice as to what style could give him help and at least teach him basic strikes and blokes using video

Sorry guys, My BAD

i must agree. i know that no video is as good as a mentor and my TKD instrutor has sais but doesnt ever use them ( at least to my knowlege he doesnt) so i dont know if he knows how to use them. not that ill learn how to use sais right away but i hope to in the future so i also would like to know wich video could teach the fundamentals.

o ya and what styles r their for learning the sai and which are best?

Unfortunately, even the FUNDAMENTALS can not be taught properly using just a video/book combination. You can perhaps copy a movement perfectly (i.e., doing kata without knowing any of the reasons behind it), but that won't help you any. That is a big "if", as most people do not have the critical skills and methods of self-critique necessary to know if you are truly doing it all perfectly anyway (I certainly can not be 100% right in self-critiquing all of my techniques).

I have a decent sai video, called (of course) Oinawan Kobudo: Mastering The Sai. By Master Mikio Nishiuchi. It has a lot of weapons fundamentals and some bunkai, if I recall correctly.

Not that you'll learn to be competent without a teacher correcting your form. You have to remember that fighting involves your entire body, not just the hand and the arm that is holding the sai. You might even copy the move exactly as it is shown with your hand, but the rest of your body may be in poor biomechanical positions...

By the way, ncole_91, having posts where the only content is "sorry, I can't help you nor do I have any advice" is not very useful...(in those cases, I at least make a poor attempt at a joke or something).

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

G'day mates,

thanx for your help anyway guys. I'll at least tell him to give it a go anyway.

again thanx