• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MK:D fighting styles.

ok.

so the charcters move like they might use a real martial art (albeit badly).

so what?

what does that mean?

is it important?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love MK!! nO MATTER IF they martial arts are bad or not... i still enjoy playing the game guys!! :)

Well, in this discussion it does matter, as there is a misperception that what is being displayed in such games is 'viable' martial arts practices.

Anyway, i do love the 'actions' in many of these games, since many of them present 'pristine' presentation of techniques, even if the principles involved are lost, and the application of said techniques are both substandard and non-committal.

The thing is, these games do present the 'characters' with pristine technique, so in order to provide a semblance of competitive fairness, they must give flaws in application and commitment, such as stepping back and gloating after the commission of a clean series of techniques, or pausing before implementing a powerful attack, or not pressing, etc.

All in all, games are a real bad medium to take lessons from. All the flash and none of the function.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

its a game...kill the opponent and win,shouldnt rely pay attention to how good they look when they fight...i mean,i can be the cheapest bastard and repeat moves

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

ive seen games with very acurrate technique but when they fight the opponent, the opponent goes flying off a cliff or something , this makes the game more exiting for the gamer , thats what games are for making a fun enviroment for the player.

Haha I love to juggle which is impossible to do in real life. Juggling is a very important element in 3D fighting games which made it extremely unrealistic.

lol. i remeber playing killer instinct on the olde nintendo 64 and to annoy my little brother i would juggle him until he died, he hated cos he didnt get a chance to hit me. :wink:

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

ive seen games with very acurrate technique

How accurate? Do you mean that when the character performs the moves, they look like the real thing? It looks exactly like how it is done in the forms from which they come from? I would say if that was the case, then it isn't accurate at all.

These games can't be accurate. Even if the characters can imitate the moves exactly as they are done in reality, you can be guarenteed that their execution against the opponent is going to be flawed because there is no room for minute adjustments in the important things such as angles and distance that occurs in real life.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.

How accurate? Do you mean that when the character performs the moves, they look like the real thing? It looks exactly like how it is done in the forms from which they come from? I would say if that was the case, then it isn't accurate at all.

These games can't be accurate. Even if the characters can imitate the moves exactly as they are done in reality, you can be guarenteed that their execution against the opponent is going to be flawed because there is no room for minute adjustments in the important things such as angles and distance that occurs in real life

yes they look like the real thing like say they do an axe kick it looks exactly as i do it, as for angles and distance , when im in a fight im not going to think in my head that im going to do a 95 degree to the opponents head im just going to do it the i feel is right.

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.