• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo Relationships

My boyfriend wants to get back into MA, and I told him not to come to my dojo. My sensei agrees. I know it would be difficult for me to keep a clear mind having him there even while we're still in our little domestic bliss stage. If and when we would have an argument, there would be no way I could work with him in the same rooom. It is really not a good idea to be involved with your MA classmates.

If even your sensei can't get through to them, then they clearly aren't respectful people. To disrupt a whole class of others for a little snuggling?? Hmmm...

Wow!! That takes some respect, dislipline, and honesty to do that Beka!! Good for you... BJJShotoshe

im sorry to hear about the couple in your class... but as sevenstar said, you shouldn't let them get in the way of your trainning. They are the ones who arent paying attention.. just make sure you know you are the better person who has the respect not to do something like that... :)

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess it depends on the relationship. My bf and I have been together for 3 years and we never had an argument or even raised our voices at each other. It just works. :D

There are a few other couples in our school and it's the same thing. At the school they are students and it works out well. No one brings their baggage in the school - we respect that the dojang is a place to learn.

Perhaps it is different if you were there first and then your gf/bf wanted to join. Most of the couples in my school were students first for awhile and then started dating. Though keep in mind it's not a commen thing, dating within the dojang. Just some souls found love through a commen interest.