• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best weapon ???

Kill Bill960

A weapon is only as good as the warrior who weilds it.

THE ONLY THING I LEARNED FRON NINJA TURTLES......LOL

Buy low, sell high, take your pills, tell your lies, fake your tan, wear a tie, go to the gym, you'll never die !!!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple different thoughts to add to this, so I'llmake a couple different posts.

First, speaking traditionally, the best weapons I have found are either a longer weapon weilded in 2 hands or a weapon in each hand. As a member of the SCA ( the guys who do Medieval Reinactments and such) I have some practical experience with many weapons. A onger weapon hasthe first advantage of REACH- making the opponent come through your threat range. Spears, staves and such are even better because they are often quite quick, having both hands to power them. Finally, they can often attack and defend at the same time, or in rapid succession. For these last 2 reasons, I prefer a katana- fast, good reach, and can go from block to cut in an instant.

shi wa hei to de aru

"All are equal in the grave"

Next thought is about modern weapons for self defense. Carrying sai, nunchaku and such will get you arrested and if you actually USE them in a fight, you will probably be seen as the criminal in court.

This being said, the best weapon is something easily accessable that you can carry at all times, and that is as innocuous as possible. A pockt knife, for example, fits the first 2, but using one in a fight may well get you tossed in jail, even if you were simply defending yourself with it.

About the best I've seen and used is the so-called Kubaton and other small, blunt objects carried in the hand. They are large enough to add some wallop to your punches, can be used to strike pressure points and best- they are seen as non-lethal and VERY defensive in nature. You will never be tossed in jail for defending yourself with a Kubaton, but cutting up an attacker with a knife will get you jail time.

Personally, having successfully defended myself with a bundle of newspapers (comics inserts) used as a shield, and car keys, I will also have to say that ANYTHING handy works very nicely.

shi wa hei to de aru

"All are equal in the grave"

• 2 weeks later...