• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best weapon ???

Kill Bill960

How about a radio?

(Bravo actual … fire mission grid xxx yyy … will adjust … over) :D

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
What do you think the best weapon overall is. Including successfulness in blocking, striking, counter attacks etc!

the CANE.

http://www.canemasters.com/Images/goldencane.jpg

The walking stick or cane is a common walking implement found in every culture and it is said that one Pharaoh of Egypt was buried with 132 of them! In 16th century Russia they were banned, penalty was death. In Europe every lord and lady carried a cane as a mark of distinction, for a permit was required to carry one. The Irish were well known for there bhata or shillelagh and the news papers of the mid-nineteenth century often carried stories of factions of Irish folk fighting with there feared weapon. It is a part of our heritage as Western marital artists…

The cane is a simple object that can be employed as a highly sophisticated and effective weapon for self-defense. The size can vary according to the individual, but the average is 3’ in length and 1 inch in diameter. A hard wood with some flex is needed to allow for slight bends without breaking.

As a medium range weapon, cane techniques are similar to other stick fighting systems with the curved handle permitting a range of additional techniques that are unique to this weapon. This permits greater versatility and a broader range of applications than found in other straight stick systems. The tip of the handle can be used for gouging vital pressure points or hooking clothing. The inner-handle is ideal for hooking blocks, leg sweeps, chokes, trapping and my favorite, throwing. The shaft is used for strikes, blocks, chokes and joint locks. The tip is for thrusting strikes and vital point.

http://www.superiormartialarts.com/acimages/8619_oc.JPG

The CANE, hey not a bad choice, but with everything the practice must accompany the weapon. Here is another cool little tool, we call it a BOLO others may compare it to a kubaton, both are simular in size and use. The BOLO at least as I have trained does not have the key ring option but both are extremely devestating in CQC and are not hard to learn the proper use of. The Kubaton with a wad of keys can be used as modern day mace and is quite effective and takes almost no training, but I do not endorse having to many keys on your ring for safety reasons, to many keys become confusing when stressed and trying to find the house or car keys. See Ya'll later

Survivor

I believe that the best weapons are practical weapons. The cane and the knife are good choices as you can carry these things with you. I don't think that I'll ever walk around with nunchakus or sais, etc, although I do train with them. Bo training would be good if you spend a lot of time in the pool halls. Any type of weapon training will benefit you in coordination and gripping strength, however I just prefer training with something that I might actually use one day.

What works works

I think the best weapons are the kind which you can use one in each hand. You've got 2 hands, use 2 weapons.

I like sai although they are not pracical to carry around. They are cheap however ($30.00 AUS each) so you can break them or ditch them in a hurry and not break the bank.

You could mix and match different single-hand weapons.

Tonfa are, in my opinion, the best weapon.

Tonfa can, like most weapons, can eliminate someone in one strike but they are also legal, not dangerous to the user and are quite cheap (£10-£100)

The cool summer breeze passes me by.