• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question about Judo

Hi

I am just wondering other than throws and locks are there any kind of strikes or kicks in Judo? I have heard someone talks about "Judo kicks" but I never seen them before. Some of the books I read mention that Judo took out all the strikes and kicks from Ju Justu and left only throws and locks. Can anyone tell me the answer? Thank you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

All you will ever see him do is throws. Like I said, throws are the power of judo. you friend will become an awesome stand up grappler, and should be at least decent on the ground, but judo will not make him a good striker.

As for the strikes being the same as some from japanese jujutsu, I don't know, as I've never trained in jujutsu.

Yeah, Jujutsu strikes may be pretty simple but they are very effective. I know some Classical Jujutsu guy who love to use pure strikes instead of throws or submissions.

All I know so far is that Jujutsu have almost the same types of throws in Judo but because throws are just part of Jujutsu, those Jujutsu guys I know did not concentrate on their throws too much, most of them will use all kinds of moves from, strikes, throws to submissions.

i train both judo and jujutsu the thrwos are the same, because judo has been made from Jujutsu and partly aikido.

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

i train both judo and jujutsu the thrwos are the same, because judo has been made from Jujutsu and partly aikido.

That is not true because Aikido was created after Judo. Judo was made from 3 different styles of Jiu-Jitsu. Judo has striking, it is called Atemi Waza. I believe it is very effective striking, it is usually taught at Green Belt, but most Judo schools teach it at Black Belt.

- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A warrior dies but once.

- No matter how strong the wind is, The mountain cannot bow to it.