• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad Conduct?

elliotspirrett

When you recieve your black belt, would that be a good time to start condiering another style/form?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. When you recieve your black belt, would that be a good time to start condiering another style/form?

• Yes
    • No, work towards a higher grade
    • It is worth trying to learn multiple styles/forms at any stage
    • No, never, just stick to one style/form

How old is this guy anyway? Karate chops to the back of the neck? For me, I did that when I was five and had justed watched an episode of power rangers. But, that's just me.

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

just what I was wondering... when i become a black belt, im not sure if i want to start studying a different style of MA or not. I would like to become a higher rank and maybe a teacher someday... but i am not sure if by then i will want to put in all the man hours studying the same things. However, i would like to make my shihan pleased with what i have accomplished by becoming a teacher. :)

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...

I would like to become a teacher as well, but thankfully at my club, when you reach black belt you are a qualified instructor, or you can take an instructor's belt grading at a senior belt.

I think it would be interesting to teach as well as learning, but many of the senior grades teach in the children's lesson as well.

Practice more if you wanna pass that grading!

Brown (2th kyu) Trodai Karate, training for Black. Ready to become a Capoeirista once more.