• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun / Kickboxing mix, what do you think?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been doing it for 9 years and read every book on them or related to them (everybook i know of after all im not jesus) and in a year or so i WANT to open a dojo but i suppuse you can never really perfect anything but id say it was the best that my body and mind could accomplish

A man who fights one time in his life Fights always in his soul i/II\i

Posted: Thu 29 Sep, 2005 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stonecrusher69 wrote:

WCK is a complete kicking art ther is no need to mix it with kick boxing.

I dunno about that one... none of the guys I know who train WC can compare to me when it comes to kicking.

Well maybe they need to practice more or find a better teacher.WC kicks and the thoery on how we use them is very efffective if you train it right.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

been doing it for 9 years and read every book on them or related to them (everybook i know of after all im not jesus) and in a year or so i WANT to open a dojo but i suppuse you can never really perfect anything but id say it was the best that my body and mind could accomplish

you want to open a school based on what you learned in a book? How much formal training have you had?

WCK is a complete kicking art ther is no need to mix it with kick boxing.

I dunno about that one... none of the guys I know who train WC can compare to me when it comes to kicking.

Maybe the WC guys that you know have not trained in authentic WC and/or at least not with good WC sifus. On the other hand maybe you train your kicks more diligently than they do.

Inspite of being probably the most popular kung fu style in the West, real WC, and schools that practise the complete art, not some "new and improved/modern" version, are difficult to find, and I am not even mentioning the difficulty involved in locating a competente sifu either.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

• 5 weeks later...

my sifu likes to call wing chun "the great mixer" (you might see my call it the great mixer in later posts)

all you need for wing chun is to understand the concept of the centerline, be efficient with center line punches, sticky hands and the Siu Nim Tao and you should be set. Kickboxing or some korean kicking martial arts would be deffinately great for mixing!

YAY pepto bismol