• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

colds

aefibird

Well, I've come down with yet another cold. :evil:

Since about September I seem to have been plagued with the things. It doesn't help that I have asthma either, as the colds make it worse.

The annoying thing is that I've been taking Echinacea and Vitamin C supplements this year to try and prevent colds (I work with kids so I get all their ailments). However, I've been taking the supplememnts and I seem to have more colds this year that I have done before.

So, it's another day resting today (a little light typing on KF won't hurt!) with lots of water to drink and paracetamol.

What does everyone else do when they get a cold?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Besides the echinacea, I also take another natural homeopathic supplement called Alpha CF. Like anything, you take it at the onset of your cold. Another supplement I use to assist with the cold/flu season is called Oscillococcinum. This is also another homepathic supplement. Seems to work well, as I've have not had a full blown cold this year :brow:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

What does everyone else do when they get a cold?

I stay home and whine to my wife :lol:

Drink lots of juice/water/gatorade...hot soups are good.

Res firma, mitescere nescit

lol i usually take sudafed and/or ibuprofen, and I sleep a lot. Never really gotten into the natural remedies thing. I've tried zinc and echinacea and vitamin c, and they don't seem to make any difference.

i try not to take antihistamines, though... they seem to make any sore throat that goes with my cold worse.

oh, and vaporub for the congestion at night.

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

lol i usually take sudafed and/or ibuprofen, and I sleep a lot. Never really gotten into the natural remedies thing. I've tried zinc and echinacea and vitamin c, and they don't seem to make any difference.

Because they dont "cure" the cold. If taken regularly before, have a better chance to fight it in its earlier stages.

i try not to take antihistamines, though... they seem to make any sore throat that goes with my cold worse.

oh, and vaporub for the congestion at night.

Each medication has slightly different response per person.

I hate having asthma wiht my cold. It is the worst when you go up to get a glass of water and come back breathless.

I agree. :(

Thanks everyone for all your remedies and tips. I feel better now than I did... hopefully it'll last!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!