• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

cord or ball bearing for chucks?

username4

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cord - smoother with better control. Less likely to hang up. Also less weight in the middle and more weight on the ends makes for a stronger swing.

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

personally i prefer chord, but i don't think it's a bad idea to start out with chain. it's heavier, so you build some more muscle in there, and it'll just bring you more control, i think. plus, when you switch over to chord, you'll have a much better appreciation sound when that annoying grinding sound is absent :)

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Cord. As cool as ball bearings may be, those chains, and the ball bearing thingie, do love to 'pinch' your skin. Whenever i worked out with my chain nunchakus, i had to wear a long sleeve sweatshirt, to protect my arms (and hairs) from those dang things. Never had that problem with corded nunchakus.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Just for frame of reference, I myself started out with ball bearings and a really heavy set of nunchaku in the beginning (not out of any scientific reasoning, but that was just the pair that I bought years back).

And as my previous post indicated, I have since switched to cord.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/