• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yellow Uniforms?

pressureguy

I'm happy with my plain whhite gi. But when it's my turn, I will be very happy to wear the black gi our BB's wear. Any other color just doesn't seem right. Red for a master though- that makes sense.

Our gis have the Korean flag, US flag, and Mu Duk Kwan- same as my avatar.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for the simple, white gi. I think my sensei allowed black, upon reaching Shodan, but when my time came I never even bothered to ask, as I never planned on getting one.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

Yellow uniforms for yellow belts, ornange ones for orange belts...etc....

Colors to get you noticed-oh boy!

The scary thing is, I know of a school that actually has that system in operation... I have a friend that I know through the internet (not this site, another) who attends a karate school in Canada. They have either 5 or 6 different belt colours (I can't remember which off the top of my head) and for each belt colour they have to have a gi/uniform that is the same colour. She says that the instruction at that school is great, or else she would move to another because it works out expensive for her and her children to each get another gi whenever they move up a grade colour.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Is the student required to purchase the new gi from the school, or simply required to obtain one in the new color?

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.