pressureguy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our school there are PLAIN White gis, no pathches (only the manufacturer's little one) and coloured belts without stripes. We don't like coloured gis although sometimes we would like to have black uniforms :D

Still, what's normal for me, could be "unnatural" for others and vice-versa. So I wouldn't jump into conclusion :karate:

• 2 months later...

My school wears black uniforms (either traditional loopy button thing-up, or cross over) with Ging Wu patch on right arm and school badge on left arm. For special events (black belt ceremony, tournaments as judges etc), Sifus wear blue jackets. I find the bright colors to be waay to flashy and distracting from the important thing of the martial art. The blue traditional jackets thouht looks very nice and formal.

I prefer solid colours like white and black. I once saw a gi that had gross-looking stars and stripes all over it. I think it was made out of a silky material.

Not for me. With the way I sweat, I need cotton!!!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I keep thinking about that Rex Kwon Do guy with the USA Flag pants.

"You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it"

I think the only person who ever, EVER did martial arts in a yellow uniform and looked good was Bruce Lee, in the yellow and black jumpsuit. Well, come to think of it, they wore yellow in Enter the Dragon as well... but, no. A yellow gi would be tacky and senseless.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• 1 month later...

Sensei doesn't like colored gis. Especially red gis. He says if we ever see anyone at tournament wearing a red gi, and they're in our division, beat them as badly as you can, because red means your a master. He enjoys watching us prove them wrong.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Do-gi colour has nothing to do about being a master or not being one. It's just about looking McDojo-ish or not looking like it.

Red belt is a master belt in some styles.

It seems that your sensei has some growing up to do. They're fellow competitors and (apparently) they follow the competition dresscode. Shouldn't be a problem to anyone. "Beat them as badly as you can"?

Childish.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland