• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

there seems to be a growing JKD crowd in here these days.

just wondering who you guys train with and what is the training like at your 'kwoon' (or what-ever you guys call you your training place).

laters.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that JKD was a set of priciples, not a style so to speak. Like I train Kung Fu but it's actually Wing Chun, a JKD guy would actually be training Jun Fan or such like.

Or am I way off base here?

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

i've never totally understood what jkd was really about, does anyone have any links that could give me some info?

JKD=Just kidding Dudes :lol:

Several suggested readings, The Warrior Within by John Little and Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee himself :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Now days I see JKD being taught as a name of a style, but I also see the JKD concepts being used with other styles, this is where it gets tricky. We use some of the JKD concepts, but in no way do we claim to teach or even train JKD as a style and I think this is where some are claiming to teach JKD when really they are just using the great concepts. I know their are legit schools who can rightfully claim to teach these concepts as a whole, but be careful selecting something that says JKD taught here.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

YES! Jeet Kune Do is a fighting philosophy/concept/principles. Not only that, but it has always existed, it's just that some styles didn't utilise it to it's full extent.

At least that is what I can tell from reading "Tao of Jeet Kune Do" by the man himself (among other documents)