• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

is there any 10th dans out there?????

Yes.....the head of my AikiJuJitsu organization, The Katsugo Ryu system, Grandmaster Joseph Torres of NYC has been training for 55 years. He is a bonafide, legitimate 10th Dan, and is truly one of the most highly skilled individuals I have ever trained with, or seen in general. He is a member of the world Soke federation. He is in his early 60's, and is still VERY much physically fit, and more than capable of performing his art at astonishing levels of skill. He is a close personal friend of mine, as well as one of my teachers.

I have also had the pleasure of working with Professor Wally Jay many times, and even at the age of 80 years old, he was still very "capable". He has held the rank of 10th Dan for several years, and I think its safe to say that the entire martial art world recognizes the legitimacy of his rank and skill. While I do not "know" him personally as I do Grandmaster Torres, I have trained with him, and he really is amazing.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met and trained with John H. Casarez one time. He founded the Manabi-Masho ju-jitsu system. He was really good with his techniques, and in good shape (but his knees were really messed up). His first student (who was my instructor) has a fifth dan. I don't really think that my former instructor has anywhere near the abilities of the rank given to him. Unfortunately, I didn't really figure this out until after I'd trained with him for 2 1/2 years. >sigh

The greatest clarity is profound silence.

I don't "know" any 10th Dans, although I have trained a couple of times with Kanazawa Sensei, who is 10th Dan. He was also my instructor's instructor for about 2 years.

The highest Dan grade that I actually "know" personally would be the head of the Karate federation that I belong to. He's 6th Dan; my own instructor is 5th Dan.

Edited by aefibird

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Although I have met numerous "10th degree masters" over the years, I think that in reality, I have only met and worked with one. That was Master Kuda Yuichi of Okinawa...a true master of his art. He was a gentleman and gentle man in the truest sense of the words.b He is missed by those that knew and worked with him.

The other 10th Dans I've met...well...no comment. :roll:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Yes, Kanazawa Kancho. :up:

Aside of his amazing skill and incredible wealth of knowledge, he is one of the nicest persons you could meet.

http://www.fightingmaster.com/legends/kanazawa/

Yes, he's a super instructor. I've had the pleasure and privelage of training under him a couple of times and it was an incredible experience! Great guy. :up:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

MenteReligieuse wrote:

Same dan as your son, aren't you ashamed of yourself??!

Hehhe don't worry I'm just kidding (actually, you should be proud of your son )

Damn, when I'll have kids I hope I'll get them interested in MA...heck I hope I'll still be doing MA.

I actually started after my two boys began their TKD training. Only one of them has stayed with it and it's been the best times of my life going through the ranks with him. My daughter is also very active and I've been spending even more time with her lately. You can't beat the expierence.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes