• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training, ethics

mtheiss

Lets say we ran a legit dojo. A sensei has this patch on her desk she does not talk about, and a young student finds out about it and asks. The sensei first laughs at her, and tells her she should wait a couple years in order to find out about the patch.

Then, when she is a young adult, about 20, the coach tells her the story. She was once told to get ready for a fight for her life, and the other party would go to her gym. She felt the guy was smart, gentelmanly, and a marvelous fighter, but she managed to beat him off and killed him. That was her greatest day in her life.

Now, the reason she told her student the truth, is that she wanted to ask her if the student would want herself to experience this fight for herself. Everything was arranged, this time it would be a flyaway fight for them.

Do you think this is an ethical story? Or the tale of a mad woman who does not deserve to teach karate?

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This sounds a bit suspect. Who goes an makes a patch to commemorate the death of an opponent, anyway? If anything, that is just looking for legal trouble.

Either it's just a test of nerves, a test of ethics, or just plain made up, in my opinion.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Thank you. I really appreciate these responses. I think it is right to bring up there are legal issues normally when considering situations like this, and I fully respect those opinions. I am not upset that you did not find it entertaining, and I respect the rest of you and will respond by saying that I do not wish to bring harm upon you for considering my story.

Thank you

Martin

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"