• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Running enemy and headbutt question

That's fine. I was talking about any sort of kick. I just wouldn't recommend it. In fact, I would especially recommend against a front kick to the face. No offense, I just see it as very foolish.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go foward and lunge towards him at the last second your hand on his face drop your center forward and send him to the ground. It's like he is running into a wire or a pole hanging sideways.

its real simple. Really simple.

Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.

• 1 month later...

yeah front kick would put your centre of gravity in a very precarious position specially with all that weight coming at you....

Also a kick that high above their solid mass (torso), may render them unconcious but unless you can kick REALLY hard that high would be very unlikely it would stop them travelling into you....

Step out of the way, or if you have the room, use a barrel throw. Just grab their shirt collar/ lapels and drop, get a foot into their stomach and let fly. Of course, you might be a little sore afterwards =:-}

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

There's a Black Tiger training technique where you slap the top of a training post as tall as your head and make the wood make that "bong" sound, it's supposed to teach you to make the chi "rise up and fall on the top of someone's head", also how to use your body weight in this somewhat awkward strike; you're supposed to use it against a standing person and it's supposed to be a very dangerous strike.

I've found it also is very useful for any charging person, if you step back into deep stance and slap or palmstrike the top of their head down or diagonally, the body follows the head and falls at your side or against your legs. In Tiger tactics I follow with a grip on the closest shoulder with fingers into the muscle mass as an anchor and strike against the back of the head with the other hand, or finish with a joint lock, whichever seems to flow better.

You have to do the hand exercises to be able to hold someone in that way..."muscle separation" with the fingers.

• 4 weeks later...

Try sidestepping and let the opponent clumsily trip or fall down because of his momentum. Then get away or handle business.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

If unable to step sideways, i'd step forward into ginga with my lead foot closer to one of the two walls next to me. When the charger gets close reach into him to slap/elbow him to get a connection and use a full body twist to roll him around me, which will possibly drive him into the opposite wall. I shouldn't have to deflect him all that much.

The usual reaction is just to step out laterally and come back from his side or back.

If he's leaving his face open, though, a forquilha that turns into a palm to the eyes might work better. If you can get a hand on his face and line of vision like that, you should have no problem piloting him whichever direction you like, be it a loop de loop, nosedive, or whatever.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• 3 months later...

In grade 10 this idiot football player charged at me. I stepped to the side a bit and initiated an jumping back kick to his solar plexus. He dropped like a sack of potatoes and started to vomit his lunch.

Correct me if im wrong, but im assuming most of you are not small females. Im 5' 3" and not much over 100 lbs, it would be pure stupidity for me to try and stop any sort of rush at me. I dont care how hard of a kick i deliver, ill do next to no damage and get bowled over. My immediate responce would be to side step and send him on his way. Either trip him, grab the top of his shirt n pull him downwards, a knee to the gut, whatever... Either way, standing in his direct line would be the absolute last thing to do.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

i like to knee elbow or use short and very powerful techniques on someone who would charge at me, your own martial art may dictate what you use as well..

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn