• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shotokan brown ...Goju Ryu how much for black ?

MFGQ

hey ive already been practising Goju ryu for some time now, i had practised shotokan for 7 years but it didnt worked for me, could someone tell me how much time do i need to get my black belt if i have already been practising other style, does it matter? does it help me advancing faster?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

in some schools the instructors will work with you if you have previously trained another style but it is most important to not worry about your belt color. I know that is hard to do but it really dosent matter. When i was first coming threw the belt colors I wanted a black belt SO bad. But when i got it it wasnt as cool as I thought it would be and it was back to the same old basics and kata so your rank is really secoundary, sure it is nice to be recognized for the hard work that you have done and that is good but try to not get to worried about the color. Have a nice day.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

I agree with Chad. I was like him. I wanted BB real bad. But now, 4 years later, I'm not BB yet. And I did another style previously. I'm not in it for rank anymore. I'm there to train and learn. That's good enough for me.

Laurie F

Yeah, defintily agree with gojuchad on that one. My instructor told me it was going to take about four years, twice a week to become a black belt. Right know i am an orange belt and i still have to go through my blue, 3 green, 3 brown belt stage(s) to become a black belt. But i cant wait... i ve been excited about this since the day i started karate and by the time i reach my bb im sure i will feel acomplishment. :)

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...