• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mall Kidnapping

has anyone heard about the mall security camera that caught a woman being kidnapped on tape?

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20041111164509990006

if you were there as a bystander, what would you have done?

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly need an AOL account to see the video.

But MArtist or not...if you see someone getting attacked, it is moral duty as a citizen and human beings to do what you can do to help. If you think you have no chance to overpower the aggressor...screaming your lungs out for help might be enough to scare him away, anything you can do really.

It's always a tough call. I know my reaction would likely have been to charge in and do something, and possibly end up with a bullet in my noggin'. But, actions that would be smart, for the non-combatant, would be to collect as much information as possible (description of victim and assailant, license number, etc) possibly even jumping in your vehicle and tailing them while chatting on your cell to 911.

The disturbing thing was that 'everyone' in that video just stood there and watched.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Its hard to tell what people will do in the heat of the moment. You would be surprised at some peoples reactions while under stress.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

Unfortunately this seems to be the tendancy of people, to not react and just try not to get involved in this type of situation. There is a famous example of a women who was atacked twice right outside of her apartment building, stabbed and beaten and eventually died of her injuries in broad daylight. No one went to her aid. It's sad but true.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

Hate to tell you folks but on the whole its programmed into our psychi. I forot the psychological effect but it is based off of a study in enw york when a woman was raped and murder during rush hour down town and everyone stood around watching . 50 witnesses and not 1 person called the cops or tried to stop him, why? Because everyone there assusmed someoneelse was better suited to stop the situation adn therefore ignored it.