• Bad

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate mine as great! Superb instruction, lovely fellow students (many of whom I consider close friends now), no *, ask any questions we want, train as much as we want! Superb!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

My dojo is not too bad but sometimes there is not enough spirit on classes and the instructor can not motivate us very well all the time.

Beginners might not feel it however only us advanced students.

I don`t blame him he works full time as a firefighter and has young kids home :) All together our dojo is an average one, nice facility and very cheap membership fee.

I am thinking of changing dojo anyway there is a much better one in the city that practice the same style.

Ouuus James

Mine is good. The training is great. Strict on disipline, technique, ect. Lots more self defense than there used to be. 98% of the people are nice, and very helpful.

But it's a little pricey (but in this area, you pay less you get lousy training :( ). I kinda wish they did more ground work/throws. But hey, there's nothing wrong with cross training :)

Laurie F

I think my dojo's great. Good place to meet people and learn stuff.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

My dojo's good. It seems to focus more on training kids than adults (perhaps thats because 90% of the students are kids...) and I prefer an art that will teach me how to truly defend myself need be. Another negative aspect of it.. hardly any sparring or weapons classes. But other than that, great people, great teaching, good dojo.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

I am so glad no of you guys and ladies rated your dojo as bad, yet. I know some dojos may need a little of improvement, but a least you are learning something. Maybe if your dojo has something it needs to work on... try bringing it up with your master or teacher, and find a way to improve your dojo. Thus making everyone that much happier.

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...