• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOCHIN FOR SHITO-RYU

tenkamusou

Hi, i´d like to know if anyone has the kata description or video to download or watch on the net of Sochin, cause I was learning, but the guy who knew the kata went to another state... and I was really lovin the kata... so I´d apreciate if anyone could help me... THANK YOU!

Btw... I´ve watched Shoto version, and they don´t look alike at all!

See ya

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Sochin I was taught (motobuha shito ryu)is almost identical to shotokans version.If you find the form you are referring to please let me know if there is an alternate name,and was it a shito ryu stylist that you were learning it from or another system?

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

Harleyt26, the sensei said he learnt it from shito-ryu, and from wut I saw in a shitokai website once, is was exactly the same, and I´m pretty sure that is named sochin....

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

The shotokan and Shito ryu versions of Sochin really do look like 2 different kata with the execption of the very last move. the shito ryu version is done with 3 cat stances and 3 reverse punches moving foward. then turn and 3 more reverse punches. I dont know of any sites where this kata might be posted sorry.

Edited by Ronnryu

Ron Davis

Sandan (Motobu ha Shito ryu)

Shito Ryu and Shinto Ryu, are they the same style?

Not as far as I know.

My knowledge of Shinto Ryu is very limited and is based mostly on the description of the art in a martial arts book that I have. It seems to be a mostly no-gi "reality based" and "street" style of karate, although they do incorporate some kata training. The book doesn't mention the lineage of where Shinto Ryu was developed from. It also seems to be more popular in the UK than in the US.

Sorry I can't be of further help. I hope that I'm not presenting you with incorrect information...I'm just passing on what I know! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 1 month later...

What ever style ! it is a great kata ,one of my favourites ,like speaking a language with diferrent accents ,we may do it a bit diferrent but the meaning is the same ! :roll:

never give up !