• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does age matter

maku

I started late too - I've been at it for a year now and am 35. Not making as quick progress as you. My big problem is being stiff and tight all over. Makes it really hard to get my kicks up to chudan, never mind higher than that. Still, I'm more flexible than a year ago, so it's doing some good.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I did Shotokan and TKD in my youth and started a hard Kyokushin style (WOK) at 37.

I just turned 40 and graded for (and passed) my brown belt two days before my 40th birthday.

I train hard and religously (well it's become my religion now ;) ) and wouldn't give it up for anything.

We have lots of people around my age. A lot train with their kids too.

We have a few brown belt kids with white belt mum and dads that have come to train after watching everyone enjoy themselves :)

So, in answer, no you're never too old!

My sensei says "karate begins at 40!"

Osu!

ET

i think the great thing about karate and other martial arts for that matter is that it is a personal journey, you should not compare your progress to anyone but yourself. If you are improving then you are doing it right. So no age does not matter young or old i think that the ma's has a lot to offer.

Draw close to god, and god will draw close to you. James 4:8

I'm not even 16 and I'm committed. I had 4 yrs perfect attendence until I joined the adults class (at which point, there is no more perfect attendence award)

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

age never matters. If you are dedicated enough and you want it enough, then you :karate: will get it. When the masters become old does it mean they're not masters anymore???? i think not!

some day i will be great, untill then you'll have to settle with this