• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Calling All White Belts!

June1

Hey JUNE1 waz up? i have been doing karate since the summer of my junior year of high school. I started doing karate because of my senior project and it so happend that my favorite teacher was my master. Here i am in college now and still cant get enough karate. I just want to try as many styles as i can. My dojo is awesome... the people totally kick bum ( seriously...no joke) and i love it. I believe since i went to a dojo that had a family-like atmosphre, it helped my liking of karate more. I have also grown an intrest for anything japanese! :) I just love the way karate or any type of martial arts have change the way i look and feel about the world. So here i am now with my orange belt hoping to become a black belt someday, looking towards my future years in karate.

Hurt rather than injure,

Injure rather than maim,

Maim rather than kill,

kill rather than be killed...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a "forever white belt" :D Actually, I started in October 2000. I also started for self defense. But like Karate-addict said, it's more than self defense now ;) I am a for real white belt in Judo, though. Started that last fall. I took a couple of months off, but will start it up again soon.

Laurie F

Awww. That's so great. You know, I honestly never imagined liking Karate so much. Whenever I'd see or hear about it, I would just think that I'd never be able to do that, or that it must be boring. WRONG!

The main reason I'm in this MA thing--besides the self-defense aspect of it--is because it keeps you focused and physically improves you. I'm well on my way to getting abs now.... ABS! :P

How have you all changed since starting MA?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Hi June1, welcome to the wonderful world of martial arts!

I'm glad that you're loving your karate training... you're becoming a karate addict like the rest of us!! :lol: :lol:

I started karate a little over 5 years ago and I'm now the assistant instructor for my karate club. I love karate so much that I wanted to explore other martial arts. I've trained in Aikido and I currently train in Wing Chun, both of which I also love as well as karate.

How have you all changed since starting MA?

I've changed SO much since starting MA.

As well as the obvious health and self-defence benefits, I've grown a tremendous amount in confidence - I'm no longer a shy, retiring person!! :D

I suffered from an eating disorder and depression from many years and martial arts has helped me to break free of that.

MA has also given me new friends - my dojo buddies are like my family. Cheesy, I know, but true.

Anyway, I could ramble on for hours about why I LOVE martial arts, but I'll let someone else have a turn. lol :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I just started (last week) and I enjoy it so far. I have a lot of free time right now - my wife is in another city for school - so I decided to try it. There is a dojo nearby that I have joined, and I have been interested in learning Karate for a while.

Don't any of you let up on the enthusiasm you all have. The thirst to learn will help you go on to train for the many years, rather than one year over and over again...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/