• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Calling All White Belts!

June1

Hey, there!

Just wondering where all the white belts are at! Out of curiosity, how long have you been studying karate and why did you first get into it?

I've been studying for about 6 weeks and I never thought I would love it so much. My mom asked me if I wanted to take karate for self-defence. It came completely out of left field. I thought about it for 5 seconds, then agreed. It also didn't hurt that she knew the owner of the dojo. She's a waitress and I think he goes to the restaurant she works at. Anyway, ever since then, I've fallen in love with karate-do!

Anyhoo, write back with your stories! I'd love to hear 'em!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into Karate in october 96. My brother and I wanted to learn selfdefense and there was a Karate Dojo two blocks away from where we live. So we started training there and haven't stoped since. Also now it's much more then just selfdefense, it really is a way of life.

hara wo neru

Hey June.....welcome :-) I started in 1973 with Kyokushin, and have been lucky enough to experience several arts along the way......youve just entered into the start of a fascinating journey......enjoy it ! :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

welcome to karate june1.

enjoy and have fun. i took my first ma lesson in 1988 and just started shotokan this past summer. i enjoy it and i know you will too. oss

pain is weakness leaving the body.

fear is the mind killer, i will face my fear and let it pass threw me. from the movie "dune"

i know kung fu...show me. from the movie "the matrix"

I started Karate 12/6/2004 for a school project and now I love it. :)

For a school project? That is soo cool. What kind of project?

yeah i did it for the duke of edinburgh award , it is made for young people, you do special tasks to get the award , the things i had to do is certain amount of hours of community service, physical recreation(karate), a skill, and camps that must go on for a certain amount of days and it must involve a activity in it like bushwalking or cayaking.

quote from the award website" The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award

is a voluntary, non-competitive

and flexible programme of

cultural and adventurous

activities for all young people, whatever their background or ability. It gives opportunities for personal achievements,

adventure, community and

social involvement and a

widening of interests.

The Award is a registered

charity and relies on the

generous support of volunteers,

local authorities and business

to meet its commitment to

help all young people realise

their full potential"

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

Well I started Goju Ryu at the beginning of September of this year, very new to martial arts in general. I enjoy it for its application and physical fitness aspects. I've been away from it for a while due to some...inner complications but I am back at it and have no regrets.

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo