But this isn't how I wanted to fight!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 vs 1? That's real nice... (not to mention the other guys that were around and weren't caught on camera)

Just look at the other side of the event: http://satanjr.com/1004/surf_crap.wmv

"Let him go or I'll break your nose"

How could've the guy defended himself this way?

The way I feel after watching this video and reading some comments on another forum: Hawaii = racist morons

Agreed, it was b.s.

Seems the blonde guy wasn't attempting to be hostile or combative and the other guy initiated the confrontation. Also, as Eras3r noted, when the blonde guy had him in a headlock, the so-called spectator threatened to break his nose if he didn't release him from the headlock. The same so-called spectator then started 'coaching' his friend to do more damage.

All in all, this was simply not cool and the guy who beat up the blonde guy should serve some 'wake-up' time for his behavior, with his friend getting some community time for encouraging and threatening to do bodily harm, as well as later damaging property (breaking the board). I noticed as well there were some competition personnel there, so that blonde guy has a pretty good chance of sueing the sponsors of the competition.

As to the skills applied, pretty dang slow, sloppy, and unskilled on both parts. The initial wristgrab was a test of the blonde-guy's aggressiveness, which was insufficient to keep the rest from happening. The double leg takedown was when everything pretty much started. It was applied like a wrestler would, with the same glaring mistakes. Unfortunately, the blonde guy didn't know how to deal with it, other than to go for a headlock. The headlock would not have occurred had the other guy not charged in with his head as he did. After the blonde guy was threatened to release the headlock, or get a broken nose by the spectator, it was pretty obvious the blonde guy didn't have a choice other than to take a beating in this not-really one-on-one. All he could do was try to limit the amount of damage received, or face a far more dangerous double-up.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Wrist grabbing as a starter is actually a common action of wrestlers, allowing immediate sensitivity to their assailant's temperment and readiness. And yes, a bad habit for street.

Regarding the tape that Reklats posted...

From the point the bjjer had locked up for a takedown, the confrontation was decided. The karate practitioner was seriously misguided to think of moving forward and directly into the bjjer's range of dominance. He should have maintained his position and let the bjjer attempt to enter. As well, he lacked some common sense for a one-on-one, parking himself with the wall to his back. Also, his center of balance was way too friggin' high.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

The way I feel after watching this video and reading some comments on another forum: Hawaii = racist morons

There are strict rules you have to follow in major surfind areas (like Hawaii). That guy like crashed in on an event or something, thats what happens.

What about some othere 'strict' rules, like assualt, bodily injury, etc.

Don't they have those in Hawaii, or do "surfer rules"... er... like, rule... dude? :P

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

you guys make it seem like hawaii is one of the most violent states in the US......actually...it is!

I wouldnt really say they are 'racial' but hawaiians have beef with white people there.When i went to go visit hawaii,i saw my friends all had beef with white kids too...so yeah...i guess it all just depends on friends influences?

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''