Martial Art Tattoo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

I'm honored to see that i made someone's signature! And i thought no one read that post! i sulked for days because no one replied with one of those smiley faces or a "lol" or "lmao"...

Everyone I know with tats say it's a bug, once you've got one you just keep getting more...

I've found that to be true. It's a little indescribable why I like tattoos so much - I suppose it's like why some people can't explain why they love MA so much. We just do... :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

If you want a tattoo go for it . Just make sure you don't cheap out on it . Get the exact one you want. No matter what it cost (within reason) . Make sure to find a great artist. Should be plenty for you to choose from. If you go cheap and it does not turn out you are kind of stuck.

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Tatoos just aren't for me. Not that I'm against them or anything, it's just not my thing. I've seen multiple people in my style have a tattoo with just the name of my style in kanji. I figure my well-forged body and dashing good looks will be enough to distinguish me. Well, in my dreams anyway.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

I have a Japanese Dragon covering my back.Still not finished yet.I'm getting it done by hand in traditional Japanese style.

Its a long painfull and expensive process. But I love it!

I had always wanted a tat, but didn't know what. Then 1 day it just hit me. I mulled over it for about a year then made the decision to go ahead. Dispite my wifes protests.!

I chose the dragon because of its connection with the MA and oriental culture, which have had a major impact in my life.

Theres also the association of dragons with fire. I perform fire knife shows, so it really fitted me.

I also chose to get it done by traditional method in support of traditonal art and preservation of culture.

Getting this tat has been something of a "rite of passage" for me.

In some cultures receiving a tatoo is a symbol of certain warrior status. Enduring the pain is part of a test of courage and perserverance.

For me its a symbol of my dedication to the path of Budo.

It gives me inspiration to stay true to the path and live as a warrior should, conquering my weaknesses.

If you are going to have something permanently engraved on your body, dont rush into it. Make sure its something that will stiil have meaning for you 20 or 30 years down the track.

Simply "because it looks cool" is just not enough.

But it sure adds to the pleasure of carrying it.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

I have two tats that are martial arts based. The first one is going down the middle of my back starting in between my shoulder blades and say inner strength in kanji. The other is on the inside of my right forearm and says shorin ryu in kanji. I got the second after i received my bb.

Sorry if this makes me seem really goody goody but Asian culture teaches that your body is a gift from your parents and you are supposed to take good care of it and not poke holes in it. Like I said, sorry if this makes me seem too goody goody but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."