• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Art Tattoo

"Well what Im doing is a set of celtic wings, one on each shoulder blade. A maple leaf on my left pectoral, and something on my right arm, near the top."

Thanks Beiner!

" Anyways go for it tats are pretty cool, I have placed all of mine so I can hide them if needed for some events, shoulder blades, shoulder and bicept area. "

My concern isn't the tattoo part, but the Martial Arts aspect of the tattoo. And i do plan to put it in a concealable place, because only certain jobs (rockstar for instance) allow one to have visible tattoos.

"a know a guy who has got a bruce lee tatoo covering his whole back.It looks great,but i would'nt have one personally"

i've thought about getting a tattoo of myself all over my entire body, but two inches taller.

"I have several tattoos, but I don't know if I would ever get a martial arts related tattoo. Something in me feels it would be verging on inappropriate, depending on what I got."

Thanks Beka, this is what i was looking for.

"No, but I think that size and location play into the "Tacky" factor. For example, the back of your head may not be a good place if you decide to go into banking, but if you are a outlaw biker you could get away with it."

i was planning just a small tattoo about 8" across and tall, kinda round. under the sleeve. i definately understand the tacky factor.

"Depending on your style, I think the Okinawa symbol would look good anywhere."

if i studied an Okinawan style, i might consider it, but i don't think i've ever seen a symbol for Okinawa.

"Personally, I think it's cheesy and cliche... but that's just me. I see it as defacing my body and my goal is to tune my body and mind. I also think it's showing off and shows poor humility."

Thanks, i can see your point, however the tattoo that i'm having drawn up isn't a bragging type. it isn't 'hey i'm a skilled fighter and i'll kill you' but 'this is a part of my life'

"Putting the kanji on your knuckles (ala Jake and Elwood) would probably not be the greatest idea."

what?

wow, sorry, didn't realize this was so long!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://pages.zdnet.com/oika/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/okinawapatch.gif

Although, I think it's more of a Shotokan thing. Dunno about any of the Japanese styles, and really don't care if I'm right or wrong about that :D

So maybe someone can correct me.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

http://pages.zdnet.com/oika/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/okinawapatch.gif

Although, I think it's more of a Shotokan thing. Dunno about any of the Japanese styles, and really don't care if I'm right or wrong about that :D

So maybe someone can correct me.

Actually, this is an Okinawian symbol call three tears. See link for the history: http://www.christian-ryukyu.org/history/symbolOfOkinawa.html :karate:

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

• 1 month later...

for those interested in getting oriental dragons as a tattoo, here is some basic info on oriental dragons

Chinese dragons have 5 claws on each limb

Korean dragons have 4 claws on each limb

Japanese dragons have 3 claws on each limb

"a know a guy who has got a bruce lee tatoo covering his whole back.It looks great,but i would'nt have one personally"

i've thought about getting a tattoo of myself all over my entire body, but two inches taller.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

:lol: two inches taller that is classic :lol: I have a giant tattoo on my back everyone calls it the mural :lol: It is of a giant mad puppet head and his two hands and he has two gang members on puppet strings and he is controlling them. I got it to remind me of growing up in Los Angeles and how I always felt like I was on those strings and someone was controlling me and not till I left did I see how stupid it is to do some of the things I did growing up.

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius

These days, tats can be removed, but get what you want
Well, lasers can remove tattoos with a lot of pain...

I would try to get that ink that breaks down in 10 years if I ever got one. I would put a martial arts tattoo on my arm as part of a sleeve if I ever did get one. A little mural that chronicals part of my life. I would want my tattoo not to show with when my gi was on though. I don't know why, I just would want it to be personal and not flashy.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

Hey, I personally don't have any tattoos simply because I can't think of anything I woudl want on my body for the rest of my life! If I could think of one I would get one. It's a form of personal expression. If you have something that you feel strongly enough about to have it tattooed on your body then that's great!

Whatever you get I hope it brings you years of pleasure.

TKD WTF/ITF 2nd Dan

"A Black Belt Is A White Belt That Never Quit"

Hey, I personally don't have any tattoos simply because I can't think of anything I woudl want on my body for the rest of my life! If I could think of one I would get one. It's a form of personal expression. If you have something that you feel strongly enough about to have it tattooed on your body then that's great!

Whatever you get I hope it brings you years of pleasure.

Exactly my thoughts.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.