• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Dijita,

So you are the girl who got that big kick inVancouver . I know who you are now...

Do not be very upset, Sensei does the same mistakes usually, I just found this page on the net

if I am not mistaken I can recognize him on this one...

Am I right?

http://members.shaw.ca/iheiter/mawashi.html

Ouuss,

James

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47MartialMan, I think a lot of people who do MT or kickboxing do fight in the ring, where keeping your hands up is essential to avoid being punched in the face.

So it is FOR competition.

I know that in my Kyokushin tournaments, I keep my hands up, because my first tournament when I didn't, I ended up in the hosipital with a concussion.

Ditto

However, not that I've been in a streetfight, but I assume blocking punches to your face is probably a good thing. I mean are you just going to stand there and take the hits to the face??

One does not have to develop such technique to keep the hands up as such comparison of street vs competition

Hi Dijita,

So you are the girl who got that big kick inVancouver . I know who you are now...

Do not be very upset, Sensei does the same mistakes usually, I just found this page on the net

if I am not mistaken I can recognize him on this one...

Am I right?

http://members.shaw.ca/iheiter/mawashi.html

Ouuss,

James

Hehe, I actually blocked all of the kicks that came at my head in Vancouver. I was reffering to my tournament in Edmonton. That could be Sensei? I'm not sure, that was 4 years ago.... it looks like it was at Summer camp.

Does one really need to put much emphasis on this instead of another tactic?

Once you learn it you begin to do it automatically so its not a constant thing. Sometimes you just need to remind yourself.

Hey Martian, It really becomes relevant when your fighting someone with fast hands :bawling: There r a million techniques u can argue against but everyone here probably believes in one rule PROTECT YOURSELVES AT ALL TIMES :evil: The basic boxing/MT guard is probably the best guard out there and applies to every form of MA. You can't lose by learning it :)

Donkey

It doesnt have to be your guard exactly.

Open hands help high in a position similar to "i surrender" but a bit closer to your body translates to a good guard.

I would rather be in this position than with my hands hanging by my sides.