• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC and Bruce Lee

So, it shouldn't be named UFC. And to think Bruce can compete in this, being aggressive to use all means?

Well in comparison to all other competitions, I think it definitely earned the title "ultimate fighting" because with exceptions of Muay Thai (which still doesn't allow groundwork), Kyokushin Karate, and various other smaller tournaments, no organized body/fighting circuit has anything closer to free fighting as UFC (at least in early 1990s, since then you have other stuff like K1, Pride, etc which are close to NHB as well)

As for Bruce in UFC, I agree with the contention that if he had groundwork he'd be unstoppable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you guys havent studied up on Bruce Lee that much. To say what im about to say from my background should be proof enough. Yes im an MMAer and no i have never trained TMA....and i ussually am the one to say TMA isnt practical for a street fight. But Bruce Lee wasnt a TMAer...obv at one point he was..but he developed his own fighting style. Jeet Kune Do...many people dont realize how good of a fighter bruce lee was. Jeet Kune Do in itself is a mixed martial art...its a hybrid of everything. I fight MMA and i trai muay thai boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu...and i would say bruce lee in his weight class would do very well in the UFC or any other MMA organization. Yes, Bruce lee did know what to do on the ground. He happened to be an amazing grappler...which alot of people dont know.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master