• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dojo search

Remains

I'm interested in finding a good dojo in the Fort Worth, TX area and was looking for any help I might be able to get from this forum.

Does anyone know of any schools that arent totally devoted to the almighty dollar and which would preferrably have some serious students (other than the usual babysitters many places seem to be). I'd like something that has serious sparring and conditioning with more contact, though hopefully with pads. And I wouldnt mind being able to use what I learn in a sporting manner like kickboxing/sparring for fun. And to top it off, hopefully the tuition wont be incredibly high. I really dont know what style i'm looking for, though I've had some interest in Kyokushinkai, but if the school is good, well...

Does anyone know if a school like this exists in the Fort Worth area?

Thanks for any info...if you want, you can mail me at plisskin76[at]yahoo.com.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, my Kenpo dojo is in North Richland Hills, but based on what you're looking for, it might not be right for you.

We don't do a whole lot of sparring, though we do some. And we usually do sparring for belt-tests. We also don't do a lot of conditioning. We are expected to do that on our own, although I am trying to get both of these limitations changed. I want to do more sparring/conditioning too.

It is a small school, generally there are between 3-8 students in a class. A few times we've had as many as 14 ppl there at once.

Mostly we focus on the self-defense techniques that American Kenpo is known for.

You are more than welcome to come by and watch/participate in a free class to see if it is something you'd be interested in.

The school is located at 7308 Grapevine Hwy, North Richland Hills, TX

I *THINK* the number is (817) 595-0440 [dont' hold me to that though].

Adult classes are 7-8pm on Mon & Wed, 7:30-8:30 on Tues & Thurs, and 11-12am on Sat. although sometimes the classes go long [had a nice 2 hour class this past Saturday].

PM me or Send me an IM on AIM and I can give you directions if you want.

I will most likely be there this Thurs & Sat if you want to come by and check us out.

If we aren't what you're intersted in, well you suck! JUST KIDDING! Seriously if we aren't what you want, good luck in finding something. I'm not really familiar with what else is in the FT Worth Area.

DT

- "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently." Benjamin Franklin

-"If you always do what you've always done you'll always be what you've always been." Dale Carnegie