• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Steve Sanders and Donnie Williams

Jbone1

I heard of these two Kenpo martial artist. Does anyone know anything about them? Bruce Lee said one of them had the fastest hands he's ever seen.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

yeah considering the speed Bruce's were, he said someone faster.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

Both are competitors in contact martial arts. They are two of the BKF founders. Their system has been described by Dr. Chapel as American Kenpo crossed with stret fighting.

One of the things you need to understand about their hand speed is that it isn't all hands or all speed. It is moving for position at the same time you strike, reading your opponent before he moves, eliminating wasted motion, setting the opponent up. Physical speed is enhanced greatly by these things, which are more accurately termed 'apparent speed'. You can develope physical speed, but it is practically limmited by your physical qualities. You can develope apparent speed also, but it is potentially infinate.

Freedom isn't free!

That's kinda deep. Do you know more about how to obtain this?

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

Do you take Kenpo?

American (AKTS) and Chinese (OKCA) Kenpo- both Parker based. Both are heavy into the principles and concepts involved in what you are doing, as well as good form, technique and application. Understanding helps improve practice, which leads to the kind of motion you asked about.

Freedom isn't free!

I'm currently learning a black belt form from a panther productions tape. It's form 6 and it's taught by Master Larry Tatum.

I love it's movements and I must say that I should be doing early forms and doing more basics because we haven't tapped on much of our Kenpo branch of our art. Kenpo is part of my schools system that is very open. I want to get into more of that part, I love the flow that is soft but at the same time hard.

"What's your style?"

"My style?"