• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't forget to vote!

foreveryoung001

I agree, people will complain whenever they want to, but it's pretty pointless to complain about something without trying to do anything about it.

Still, some folks are just too lazy to try and do anything about it, but instead, would rather rationalize their inaction by claiming it wouldn't matter anyway.

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophesy to me. :-?

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To complain, does not mean to try and do something. per what if either candidate did not suit the voter, or non-voter to vote.

Maybe some are lazy, others didn't agree with any issues from either canditate, some believe that it is pointless, given the lies and deceit from the polticians.

dlopez....

forget about it.

he's just arguing for the sake of arguing again.

in this case he seems to be arguing over "the right to complain" without seeing the issue at hand.

yes, everyone has the right to complain whether or not they vote.

but

people have said that words are useless without actions.

if you can make an action and you don't,

then your words are worthless.

proverbial hot air.

my opinion.

not worth much as i talk in reference to my political system here

but

it shouldn't be that foreign as to make my point incomprehensible (is that the correct word???)

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

No, not arguing for the sake of arguing.

People that do vote, and their candidate does not win, then their action was nullified. The voting system is inaccurate on the national scale.

Sometimes NO action has a effect that others may not realize.

How can a non-American state that a American whom does not vote has no reason to complain? In that case, THEY should have no reason to complain. But foreigners do complain about American politics.

The issue at hand IS the the right to complain if one does not vote.

The issue at hand IS why should one be forced on a jury list if they do not vote.

The issue at hand IS everyone is entitled to their complaints, their opinions, and political views without having to be a voter.

"How can a non-American state that a American whom does not vote has no reason to complain? In that case, THEY should have no reason to complain. But foreigners do complain about American politics."

this line demonstrates that you have not understood the original point.

either that or you are choosing to ignore it and argue over the words used.

this is old ground but i really do wonder,

is my presentation of things really that bad?

but then again,

why are you always the only one who misunderstands?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

How can a non-American state that a American whom does not vote has no reason to complain? In that case, THEY should have no reason to complain. But foreigners do complain about American politics.

Well, it could be argued that what "foreigners" are REALLY complaining about, are those Americans that are empowered to vote and change things, yet choose inaction, thus perhaps resulting in an outcome that is undesirable from the foreigner's perspective.

IOW, it's your fault things are how they are if you did not vote. :D

The issue at hand IS why should one be forced on a jury list if they do not vote.

Why you list this with the others is sorta odd.

Serving on a jury seems so un-political anyway? I've served on a jury; hated the inconvenience; but when dealing with the trial, the question of how the plaintiff and defendants voted didn't even cross my mind.

Besides, if you really want to get out of jury duty, just take a stand towards the plaintiff or the defendant during the Voir Dire. You'll be struck from the list by one side or the other, as they don't want jurors that already have made up their minds. :P

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

[quote name="DLopez

Well' date=' it could be argued that what "foreigners" are REALLY complaining about, are those Americans that are empowered to vote and change things, yet choose inaction, thus perhaps resulting in an outcome that is undesirable from the foreigner's perspective.

Not just that, some complain about American politics and certain ofifcials.

IOW, it's your fault things are how they are if you did not vote.

Bull-if my opponent lost-it doesn't change anything :D

Why you list this with the others is sorta odd.

Serving on a jury seems so un-political anyway? I've served on a jury; hated the inconvenience; but when dealing with the trial, the question of how the plaintiff and defendants voted didn't even cross my mind.

Besides, if you really want to get out of jury duty, just take a stand towards the plaintiff or the defendant during the Voir Dire. You'll be struck from the list by one side or the other, as they don't want jurors that already have made up their minds.

Only to be put on another list. And it is the idea to be put on a list because of voting registration. Why does that have a bearing on whom is a juror? Why non-voters also? :P

Do I have the right to complain about this "President" that we have elected when I myself am too young to vote?

Yes, you have the right to complain. This is the point that I make.

Perhaps in your complaining, registered voters whom know you, or related to you, will take your side. Thus next time, they may vote along your views.

And this is why, in one way, ANYONE can complain.